Saturday, January 28, 2012

Grocery store pet peeve

Am I the only person who understands that if you sample the produce (bulk items, candy) at a grocery store, then you are in fact costing yourself more in the long run?

Stores have to count that as a loss, when things go "missing", and then have to raise prices to make up for that loss.

I understand that most of that stuff looks oh so tempting and tasty out there where it's easily attainable, but can't you wait until you've paid?  Really?  Are you that starving that you need to have it now!?

I just don't get it.  It would never occur to me to eat something before I had purchased it.  It doesn't make sense.  I don't own it, I can't eat it.  Doesn't that make sense to anyone else?

1 comment:

Sheilagh Lee said...

I'd have to agree with you .My mother always taught us that was theft.If You didn't pay for it first it was stealing she told us and that's how I look at it.