Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wow, check out the controversy that is me!


I recently made the "mistake" of posting an opinion on twitter about a movie that I'd seen the trailer for on TV all night.  My opinion was based erroneously, I found out after that, when numerous people attacked me for it.  One person calmly pointed out that I was wrong.  That person turned out the be the movie's director.  I then went and checked out a longer version of the trailer for said movie.  I was definitely wrong.  I apologized for my error.

Somehow this is not good enough for one person.  This person is having issues with the fact that I'm calling my tweet an opinion.  Below is the dictionary definition of opinion:
1. a belief or judgement that rests on grounds insufficient to produce complete certainty.
2. a personal view, attitude or appraisal.

I'm not sure how what I posted doesn't count as an opinion, based on the one TV trailer that I had repeatedly seen that night.  And I'm frustrated by this person, who seems to think I have it out for this movie.  I was posting what I thought.  I'm still allowed to do that, right?  And I did apologize and correct myself upon realizing I was wrong.  And the director of the flipping movie is fine with me.  Even had more discussion afterwards.

I don't get it.  First, I don't understand why this guy really cares.  Is he in the movie?  Is this somehow personal to him?  I just don't get it.

But I think I'm over it.  I just needed to explain myself somewhere.  And Twitter doesn't let me use enough words.

BTW: you can follow me on Twitter.  Apparently, I say controversial things. *shrug*

1 comment:

amadenna said...

You need to block the idiot and move on.