Saturday, October 1, 2011

Simplicity

Life really is about the simple things.

I'm staying in today.  This in itself isn't a surprise.  But I'm sitting by my patio door, first with the window slightly open for the fresh air, until it got chilly, and then with the fireplace turned slightly on.  Working on baby gifts for a friend.  Watching Doctor Zhivago on television.

None of the joy of these things are costly.  Yes, I pay for the digital cable that supplies the movie, and yes, I paid for the supplies for the baby gifts.  But as an activity on a daily basis, none of them are expensive.

And it really is such a nice thing to just sit and drink tea and craft.  Letting my mind wander, or not, listening to the cat purr on the couch nearby.  To just be.

It's a lovely way to spend a day.

No comments: