Thursday, September 22, 2011

babies, babies and more babies?

When did Grey's Anatomy become all about the babies?  Everyone either has one, or doesn't want one, or has an issue with one.  There are babies everywhere on this show.  I don't get it.

It used to be all about the selfish drama.  Suddenly there are families and people with actual feelings about other people's actions, and not in the way that is all about how it affects them.  It's strange.

I'm thinking maybe this is a good year to go out with a bang.  It's season 8 right?  Eight is a good number.   Patrick Dempsey has already said that he's out after this year.  And Ellen Pompeo has said similar though not quite as bluntly.  So really, why go on?  They are the main essence of the show.  And sure, there's still another Grey to step in, just in case Meredith isn't there anymore.  But can anyone really say that Lexi is as important to the story as Meredith is?

I guess this is why I'm not a tv writer.  I don't know the ins and outs.  I don't know the theories behind why shows do or don't get cancelled, or why they continue.  And so, I'll watch, and wait to see how much longer the show continues.

.... and holy crap, that's a sinkhole!

No comments: