Wednesday, August 31, 2011

If I think about it hard enough...

... can I make it happen?

Some people would say yes.  There are people out there who believe that if you believe strongly enough in something, if you put all of your effort into think about the way something should be, or the way it should happen, that you can indeed make it happen that way.

I'm not sure I believe in this theory, because I've never seen evidence of it myself.  But then, if I don't really believe it could happen, that probably taints how much effort I'm putting into the actual thought, and so I don't have the "juice" so to speak to make it happen.  Know what I mean?  So, how does one prove that something actually can happen, if that person isn't quite sure that it's possible, and so takes some of the effort out of making it happen.  It's a never ending circle.

Maybe this is a situation where I need to try meditation or another way to make myself more mindful.  It would probably lift my basic mood, and make things seem as if they're happening just because I'm concentrating on wishing for them to happen, when really it's all about positive energy.

I don't know if I'm making any sense.  This is becoming more like a stream of consciousness kind of thing - typing any thought that comes to mind in this basic theme...

Maybe if I think about it enough, I can puzzle it out.

No comments: