Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Officially rejoining the world

I have been home from work for 12 weeks as of today. Well, really, 12 weeks ago today I was in surgery. I had the appointment yesterday that gave me back my life. I'm okay to drive, to go back to work - to rejoin the world. And you know? I don't really want to. I kind of like being in my little coccoon, where I can read, watch television or movies, and only go out when I want to. It's ideal for someone who isn't generally all that fond of the majority of people.

But I guess, since to exist in the world it does require income for things like food, heat, electricity, then I guess I actually do have to make the effort to go back. Or win the lottery. That would work out too.

I think that's it for today. I have today, and the next 3 days, plus the weekend to continue to enjoy my hermit-like lifestyle. I'm going back to my couch in front of the fire with my book. It's a good, cozy place.

No comments: