Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Bah!

I hate the snow. I know, this causes some conflict when I live in Southwestern Ontario where we tend to have snow. I'm just grateful that I don't live in Alaska, or somewhere that has snow far more than we do here. This week, however, I really am glad that I do not have to be outside. In the past 3 days, we have received more than 1.5 metres of snow. This means that were I to stand outside, beside a pile of snow as high as we've received, the snow would be significantly taller than I am. This sucks! Greatly. As I said, I hate snow.

I said in the title of the blog that it would be full of random thoughts - this first post will definitely show that. I full admit that I'm not a terribly exciting person. Some people find me amusing. Sometimes. I can, on occasion, make people laugh. Most of the time I'm just the kind of person who's submersed in their own thoughts. Blogging is an attempt for me to take those thoughts out of my head and put them out in the world. Make sense? ... I didn't think so.

At some point I'll probably add some more personality to the blog background so that it's at least a little entertaining, given that my posts might not be that exciting. But I do admit that I need to stop living in my own head. And what better place to do that than on a blog that no one reads? Right? It'll be kind of like therapy. But really, really not.

I'm having difficulty believing that it's almost Christmas. The last month, well 6 weeks actually, for me has disappeared. Days run together when you can't leave the house for extended periods of time. I watch the same tv shows every day (except weekends, which is the only reason I know they are weekends) and I do the same crafty things, and I eat the same things. Time just doesn't seem to move. It's crazy. So in another 6 weeks, when I have to go back to work, I'm going to freak out (yes FREAK OUT!) because it will seem like it's still the end of October to me.

Oh well... Life does go on. And on. And on.

No comments: