Monday, February 6, 2012

Really?

Why must marketing to one demographic mean the alienation of all others?

Case in point: I can't be the only person who thinks the Potty Dance commercials are the most annoying ads ever.  And while I freely admit that I have no children, nor do I feel like I ever want any, I just can't see how those ads entice parents to buy a particular type of diaper. (Please note that I don't even know what brand of diaper they're advertising - not doing a very good job of name recognition, are they?)

Personally, I would probably intentionally not buy that brand, hoping that they'd realize it was a stupid marketing concept and take it off the air.  I wouldn't hold my breath, but I would hope.  Maybe they'd try a new concept.

But maybe I'm just different.  Maybe no one else thinks this way.

How would I know?  I'm just me.

No comments: