Wednesday, February 8, 2012

I own a lot of crap

I tried to decrease my clutter today and increase my income by selling some of my used CDs to The Beat Goes On. Apparently if I don't want them, neither does anyone else.  Despite the brightly lit neon sign in the window of the store that said "Wanted Used CDs."

It was a bit depressing watching the staff person go through the stack and keep piling them in the pile that they didn't want. I sold 7. Out of about 50.  I got a grand total of *drum roll please* $10.

Whoop Whoop.

Depressing I tell you.

The funniest part about it, was one of those was Hilary Duff.  Really!?  People actually WANT Hilary Duff?  I had The Tragically Hip in there.  And Aerosmith.  And other stuff that's far more reputable than Hilary Duff.

Apparently, (CLEARLY) at some points in my life I have had far too much money.  Obviously, that is not the case now.

I'm going to try again though.  I refuse to believe that all of it is useless, and that no one else in the world might possibly want it.  Some of the CDs they didn't take are options for posting on Amazon Marketplace, so I'm going to give that a shot.  It doesn't cost me anything and maybe someone out there is looking specifically for that particular CD.  And The Beat Goes On just doesn't know it.  It's not ALL crap.  I swear it's not.

*sings "I swear... by the moon and the stars in the sky... "

No comments: