Sunday, January 13, 2013

There goes that resolution

So apparently blogging more often is a bad resolution - it's pretty much already broken.

Last weekend, I worked my last shift at my seasonal part-time job, and then Sunday went to spend the day with my favourite one-year-old on his birthday.  He's sort of, kind of, like a nephew, since I'll never actually have any biological ones, and his mom has been my friend since we were in grade 2 (with a few minor breaks in the middle when she or I moved away from the other.  She tried to give me her little brother - yes, literally, give him to me.  I was halfway down the school hallway before her mom noticed!) during the first month that we knew each other, so somehow it was definitely going to be a lasting friendship.)

I spent this past week training a co-op student because my boss was out sick (the flu is crazy - crazy!! - this year), and working an additional half hour/night because we can't leave the co-op student alone yet, and then sleeping when I got home.  Oh, and my Human Resources class started this week, so there was homework and reading in there too.  Ridiculous.

I had to clean this weekend because I've been really, really slack on that, and I have the post-Christmas party for my seasonal part-time job tonight.

I did get to spend some fun-time on Friday night with a good friend and her sister-in-law, knitting (we're making infinity scarves) and drinking, chatting.  That was lovely.  And I'm addicted to another TV show (Sons of Anarchy, in case you're wondering) so there's that.

Beyond that, I don't think there's anything else to report.

There might be a post on the weight loss blog later (nope, no actual weight loss, just an observation that I might find time to make) but I don't have anything else to put up here for the moment.

No comments: