Tuesday, October 30, 2012

2 years ago today...

October 30, 2010 - I was just out of the hospital after my 2nd hip replacement surgery in less than 2 years.  It's a weird thing to think back about now.  I don't remember the pre-surgery pain, though I know I had a lot, and I don't remember any particular misery about the surgery/hospital experience, but I do know that my life now, is much better than it would have been had that never happened.  And I contribute it mostly to two people.  My aunt's friend who suggested, and then suggested again a year later that I really ought to be doing something about it, and actually got me to see the second person, my surgeon, who fixed me well, and with little to no issues or trauma.

There are so many things that I could say, but really, I'm just grateful that someone was able to recognize my issues and get it all sorted out before I wasted too much time telling myself it was just something I had to deal with.

No comments: